What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file, typically of letters and numbers, that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. The cookie is then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and because they enable the website to remember the user’s actions and preferences over a period of time, so they don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever they come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Types of cookies
Cookies are placed on your device either by Seabird Radio (first-party cookies) or by the third parties whose services we use as part of the website (third-party cookies). We have no control over third-party cookies.
Some of the cookies we use are essential to the performance of the Seabird Radio website, while others are not, and users can opt-out. Opting-out or blocking some cookies may affect the functionality of the website. You can block or remove cookies yourself by altering the settings of your browser.
Moreover, some cookies are retained in your browser for only as long as you visit our website, while others persist for a longer specified or unspecified period.
Strictly necessary cookies
Some cookies we place on your browser ensure that Seabird Radio’s website delivers you information and services securely and optimally. Such cookies are essential in order to be able to make use of our website and services.
Some cookies enable websites to remember choices their users make. These cookies are known as “functionality cookies” and help to improve a user’s experience of a website by providing a more personalised service. Users can opt out anytime by deleting cookies from their browser.
Seabird Radio use a number of tools that monitor visitor behavior on our website to help us improve our information and services. Users can opt-out from the use of such cookies anytime by deleting cookies from their browser.
Which cookies we use
- Saebird Radio’s cookies: When you visit our website, our web server temporarily stores by default personal data for the purpose of system security, namely:
- the connection data of the inquiring computer (IP address)
- the pages you visit on our website, the date and duration of the visit
- the identification data of the employed browser and operating system type
- the website from which you accessed our website
- Google AdWordsOur website uses the online marketing programme “Google AdWords”, including conversion tracking. Google conversion tracking is a service operated by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”). If you click on adverts placed by Google, a cookie is placed on your computer for conversion tracking. If you visit certain pages on our website and the cookie has not yet expired, we and Google can recognise that you have clicked on the advert and were forwarded to this page. The information collected using the conversion cookie serves the purpose of producing conversion statistics. This allows us to find out the total number of users who have clicked on our adverts and were forwarded to a page equipped with a conversion tracking tag.You can also deactivate personalised advertising in Google’s advertising settings. You can find an introduction to this at https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922 . You will find more information as well as Google’s data protection declaration at: https://www.google.de/policies/privacy/.
- Intercom: Our website may use the services of Intercom (San Francisco 55 2nd Street, CA 94105). Intercom would enable Seabird Radio to offer a live chat feature on our website. This cookie attempts to remember a user such that they may continue their conversation between different pages of the site and resume the conversation on repeat visits to the site.More Information on Intercom’s Privacy Policies: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy.
How to control cookies:
All in all, cookies help us provide you with a better website and service. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you except the data you choose to share with us.